Thursday, August 9, 2007

Master of my destiny

As I walk along the deserted road
I wonder,

If I am different
From the rest of the herd
If it is ok to think, like a free bird
No chains, No cages
As I write on my life’s pages
Choosing my own words,
Choosing my own path,
Leaving my own marks,
In an ink, that is neither too light
Nor too dark

I have to struggle
As I swim against life’s flow,
Facing the winds of mockery,
And the strong current’s merciless blow
I pray to it , to let me pass
The tears in my eyes, lost
In its watery mass
But I swim and I swim
Not bowing to its whim
For I am a fighter,like a knight
Dressed in shiny armour

No regrets, No pain
I call it boon, But many call it a bane
For I am the master
Of my life, And my destiny
Choosing my path, The one that looks good to me
But,The road is less travelled
A road that is avoided
The deserted road is looked upon
With fear, And with contempt

No comments: