Thursday, June 7, 2007

What's burning?

Well,my semester results are out.I'm glad to say that I managed to rake up a pretty decent score.I was worried through out my vacation about the results,I'm glad that matter has been laid to rest.
College started off pretty Ok.One thing that has been bothering me is the summer heat,It is just too much.Its irritating and its a little bit frightening.10 years down the line,I dont want my kids to step outdoors with a portable cooling suit.I was glad to hear words like Green house effect and Kyoto protocol splashed across the frontpage of my newspaper a few months back,What happened to all these issues now?
I was surprised to hear that the airline industry is aiming for zero carbon emission by 2050.Well,you could start off ASAP,you have 43 years left till the deadline.At the current rate of fuel consumption,we would be lucky if Petroluem reserves last still 2040.So whats the big deal about zero carbon emission at 2050?Anyway,doing something is better than nothing.
Atleast the Airline industry bothered to acknowledge and rectify the damage they are causing to the environment.There are a whole bunch of other industries who think the environment is a public loo.Guys,wake up!Do something.This world isnt just yours,its mine too.

No comments: