Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I owe you all an explanation for the long period of absence and inactivity.Well,I'm at a different city now and closing towards the point of taking up my first job(the keyword being 'closing').Being a fresh graduate is a bit tough in the current job market,mainly because of the fact that you have to compete with experienced professionals for the same job.A whole lot of my friends tell me that we graduated into the worst possible conditions and are a bit paranoid about it. I don't blame them,being a fresher means you're new to everything which in turn induces an unintentional sense of anxiety and nervousness.The most dreadful feeling comes up when you think about the 'Countdown'.Basically,it's a fancy term I coined to describe the shrinking number of days until the next academic year.A lot of people are scared to even think about it.Because with the beginning of the next academic year,you tend to lose the 'fresher' tag which you have to admit is a way of shielding yourself from questions thrown by interviewers to curious relatives.
I'm lucky to get my offer letter and an exciting job profile,but as i said earlier there are a couple of formalities that have to be completed before I land on my dream job.People around me have started the permature celebrations and I would hate to disappoint them if this thing doesn't go through.It's kind of tough when people look upto you and think 'He got a job,so can I.'
So there's a whole lot of weight on my shoulders right now,and I hope I come through well.
Pray for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All d best for your new Job !!!

Rashmi said...

Hey buddy, best luck...i am sure you'll do well. God bless :)