Thursday, June 4, 2009

@ the railway station!

It was one of those really hot days where you wish you could just spend it indoors and have a fulfilling siesta.
Unfortunately,things have a way of taking shape and you find yourself at the railway station among the chaos of a swarm of people who believe in shoving you off their way even though they have reserved seats.Then again,this is India and paradoxes like this are quite normal and amusing too.
My purpose there was to pick up my mom and i wanted to get out of there ASAP.I had planned it down to the last minute detail,like a special forces operation.I was supposed to go in and come out within twenty minutes.I am a people person,except when there are a thousand of them swarming and walking into you and taking you with them.As they say,there is always that one unexpected variable that makes the whole equation go topsy-turvy.In this case,the train was delayed by five minutes and I was left waiting in the over crowded platform for it.I started hyper-ventilating and the over-whelming crowd seemed to be gathering around me like a bunch of blood-thirsty zombies.
After the initial feelings of annoyance,I sort of gave up and sat in one of the numerous benches lined along the platform. The scene around me was surreal,people from different walks of life,religion,positions and mannerisms all gathered under one roof(with/without a ticket)just so that they could meet their loved ones or rather escape from their daily lives to take some time off.
Maybe that's what make them like zombies,oblivious of the dirt and the sweat and the crowd.
The train started inching slowly towards the platform and I became one of them.

No comments: