Sunday, September 20, 2009

Untitled

I know of a road,
That leads into the woods,
Deserted and wild,
It laid unused,
For a long while!

I chanced upon it,
On an unfortunate day,
When I was beaten and down,
Everyone fled,
But burdens stayed,

I walked along,
Slowly aye!
Curiously,
Taking the turns,
Holding my breath,
Treading the unbeaten path,
Wondering where it lead,

The skies grew darker,
And the trees began to sway,
The rhythmic wind,
Eerie i must say!
The stars popped up slowly,
Outshined by the graceful moon,
And i knew,
I was lost,
In this beautiful setting,
The path was all i had,
And I trudged,
On and on.

It finally opened up,
To a small clearing,
At the edge of the cliff,
I walked upto the end,
And looked down,
Vertigo gripping me,
As if the ground below,
Was pulling me,
For a deadly embrace,
But i looked away.

Instead I took away,
The weight off my shoulders,
And threw them away,
For I did not care!

I sat down,
On the patch of grass,
And weeped silently,
Overwhelmed by emotions,
And suddenly everything material,
Seemed immaterial!
I lied down there staring at the sky,
And smiled at last,
After a long while!

I know of a road,
That leads into the woods,
All you have to do,
Is let it find you,
And then let yourself find it.

2 comments:

Sh@s said...

Loved it.
It read as if it were an extension of 'the road not taken' i.e. what would happen if u were to take a road which was less travelled.

Shalz Nair said...

Nice read